Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Afrimoney?
Afrimoney is an electronic wallet which is available to all Africell subscribers above the age of 18.
- What does Afrimoney allow me to do?
Send and receive money (domestically), pay utility bills, buy airtime and data, deposit cash into your Afrimoney account, withdraw cash from your Afrimoney account, make physical and online merchant payments and receive salary.
- Where can I access the service from?
Once registered on Africell, you can access Afrimoney from your mobile phone anywhere Africell is. All you need to do is to activate the service. To put money in your Afrimoney wallet just visit any Afrimoney agent.
- If you are an Africell subscriber but NOT a registered Afrimoney subscriber can you be able to use the service?
Yes, you just need to activate your account by dialling *777#.
- How do I withdraw money from my account if I am registered Afrimoney subscriber?
Go to the closest Afrimoney agent with your phone and request to cash out. The Agent will provide you all the needed guidance on how you can withdraw your money.
- How do I register for Afrimoney?
If you already have a Africell SIM card just dial *777# from your Africell line
- Do I need to have a minimum amount on my Afrimoney account for it to be active?
No, you can have zero balance but your Afrimoney account will be active
- What does it cost to register for Afrimoney?
Afrimoney Registration is completely FREE
- What happens if I lose my phone or my SIM card?
Firstly, your money is safe. No one can use your Afrimoney wallet or access your money without knowing your personal PIN code. This is why it is important that that you never share your PIN with anyone, not even family members.
- Where can I find an Afrimoney outlet?
Please click here for a map
- Do I need a bank account to access Afrimoney service?
No, you don’t need to have a bank account to use Afrimoney. However, if you already have a bank account you will be able to deposit money from your bank and into your wallet through the Multicaixa Express app or ATMs.
- Do I have to pay for service fees, registration fees for Afrimoney account?
Registration and Deposits are free of changes. However, you will be charged for some specific transactions.
- How do I buy Airtime from my Afrimoney account?
Dial *777# and follow the instructions.
- My account is not in my name. How do I correct it?
Don’t worry, all you need to do is to go to one of our Africell shops with your identity card. Once you have proven your identity, we will do a security check by asking you to confirm your recent transactions.
- What if I forget my PIN code?
All you need to do is to call 777. After ID validation, the Afrimoney Call Center will provide the needed assistance.